NDA 2021 (1) General Ability Test Question Paper
Part A is General English with 50 questions. Part B is General Knowledge with 100 questions. There are total 150 questions. The exam was conducted on 18 April, 2021.
1. Her smile was contagious.
- (a) arrogant
- (b) disrespectful
- (c) sarcastic
- (d) catching
2. Her dynamic nature impressed everyone.
- (a) enduring
- (b) attentive
- (c) revolutionary
- (d) jealous
3. She was lamenting her destiny.
- (a) celebrating
- (b) bemoaning
- (c) blaming
- (d) making
4. Under his leadership the company grew in an organic manner.
- (a) natural
- (b) speedy
- (c) unusual
- (d) disciplined
5. His charm lies in his oratory.
- (a) deceit
- (b) eloquence
- (c) looks
- (d) nobility
6. She is a patron of art and culture.
- (a) entrepreneur
- (b) admirer
- (c) critique
- (d) backer
Idioms and Phrases
21. Overstep the mark
- (a) To tell people how successful you are
- (b) To step into someone else's areas of expertise
- (c) To upset someone by doing/saying more than you should
- (d) To do something in an excited way
26. Turn topsy-turvy
- (a) To completely change something
- (b) To completely evaluate something
- (c) To enjoy yourself greatly
- (d) To exhaust yourself completely
Fill in the blanks
41. There was a time when West Germany was a distinct ___ .
- (a) policy
- (b) polity
- (c) abstract
- (d) hierarchy
46. The United Nations had ___ 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health.
- (a) ruled
- (b) ordered
- (c) foretold
- (d) declared
51. Consider the following statements about Light year
- Light year is a unit for measurement of very large distances.
- Light year is a unit for measurement of very large time intervals.
- Light year is a unit for measurement of intensity of light.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- (a) 1, 2 and 3
- (b) 2 and 3 only
- (c) 1 and 2 only
- (d) 1 only
56. Which one of the following is the chemical formula of Hypobromous acid ?
- (a) HBrO4
- (b) HOBr
- (c) HBr
- (d) HBrO3
57. The composition of gases in the exosphere is
- (a) Helium and Hydrogen.
- (b) Neon and Oxygen.
- (c) Neon and Hydrogen.
- (d) Helium and Neon.
66. Which one of the following colors may be obtained by combining green and red colors ?
- (a) Blue
- (b) Magenta
- (c) Pink
- (d) Yellow
77. A current of 1.0 A is drawn by a filament of an applied electric bulb for 10 minutes. The amount of electric charge that flows through the circuit is
- (a) 0.1 C
- (b) 10 C
- (c) 600 C
- (d) 800 C
82. Hydrogenation of vegetable oils using nickel catalyst is an example of
- (a) substitution reaction
- (b) elimination reaction
- (c) addition reaction
- (d) free radical polymerization
89. Twinkling of stars is due to
- (a) particular frequencies of the starlight.
- (b) reflection of starlight from the oceanic surface.
- (c) atmospheric refraction of starlight.
- (d) magnetic field of Earth.