CAPF General Ability and Intelligence 2020 Questions
1. Which one of the following statements for an object falling freely under the influence of gravity is correct ?
(a) Zero acceleration always implies zero velocity
(b) Zero acceleration has no relation with the velocity of the object
(c) Zero velocity at any instant necessarily means zero acceleration at that instant
(d) Acceleration is constant all throughout the free fall
2. Two magnetic field lines produced by the same source
(a) never intersect
(b) can originate from same point
(c) can terminate at same point
(d) can intersect depending on situation
3. Which one of the following statements regarding Fleming’s Rule is correct ?
(a) Fleming’s left hand rule gives direction of force on a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field
(b) Fleming’s right hand rule gives direction of force on a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field
(c) Both the left-hand and right-hand rule can be used for finding direction of force on a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field
(d) Fleming’s rules has nothing to do with magnetic field
5. The radar used by police to check over-speeding vehicles works on the principle of
(a) Raman effect
(b) Induction effect
(c) Doppler effect
(d) Coulomb effect
6. Which one of the following statements with regard to Newton’s third law of motion is NOT correct ?
(a) Force never occurs singly in nature
(b) When the earth pulls a stone downwards due to gravity, the stone exerts a force on the earth
(c) There is a cause-effect relation implied in the third law
(d) There is no cause-effect relation implied in the third law
7. Magnesium is used in
(a) fireworks to make a bright white light
(b) gemstones in jewellery
(c) examination of alimentary canal of the patient
(d) purification of water
10. Which one of the following gases produces a red light when electricity flows through it ?
11. Which one of the following methods can be used to remove permanent hardness of water ?
(c) Lime treatment
(d) Bubbling sulphur dioxide gas
14. In which of the following phylum, would you place an animal with a bilaterally symmetrical, triploblastic body without a true internal cavity (coelom) ?
20. Oil and water do NOT mix because of the property of
(a) bulk modulus
(b) shear strain
(c) volume effect
(d) surface tension
22. Latent heat corresponds to the change in heat at constant
(a) temperature only
(b) volume only
(c) pressure only
(d) temperature, volume and pressure
27. In which part of the cell, the glucose is converted into pyruvate ?
(d) Endoplasmic reticulum
31. Who among the following won the Fed Cup Heart Award, 2020 ?
(a) Sania Mirza
(b) P V Sindhu
(c) Saina Nehwal
(d) Hima Das
32. National Technology Day is observed on
(a) 9 August
(b) 8 September
(c) 11 May
(d) 17 May
35. What is meant by MSME ?
(a) Medium, Small and Marginalized Enterprises
(b) Micro, Small and Marginalized Enterprises
(c) Medium, Strategic and Micro Enterprises
(d) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
37. Operation Sadbhavna is an initiative of
(a) Indian Army
(b) Indian Navy
(c) Indian Air Force
(d) Indian Army and UN Peacekeeping Mission
38. Which one among the following is the equivalent rank of ‘Wing Commander’ of Indian Air Force in Indian Army ?
(c) Lieutenant Colonel
42. A long narrow stretch of sand and/or shingle with one end attached to the mainland is called
(a) Sand spit
(b) Sand bar
(c) Sand dune
49. Which of the following goods are included to estimate food inflation in India?
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) 1, 2 and 4
52. Which one of the following is NOT listed as one of the sixteen mahajanapadas in the pre-Mauryan period ?
54. Which of the following statements is/are correct ?
- The Satavahanas ruled over parts of western India and the Deccan
- The Satavahanas repaired and rebuilt Sudarshana Lake
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
61. Which one of the following was recognized as ‘invisible hand’ by Adam Smith ?
(b) Market/Price Mechanism
62. Fixation of price levels for wheat and rice by the Commission for Agriculture Costs and Prices (CACP) is an example of ?
(a) Administered Price
(b) Market Price
(c) Control Price
(d) Support Price
76. Who among the following is the author of the Kiratarjuniya ?
77. Which one of the following is the correct description of Kandaria Mahadeo ?
(a) A Shiva temple at Elephanta
(b) The title of a work by Bhatti
(c) The capital of Chandella kings
(d) A temple at Khajuraho
79. At which one of the following places is the Vitthala temple located ?
86. The Cartagena Protocol, to which India is a party, is related to
(a) combat the green house gasses and to reduce the global warming and climate change
(b) biosafety, negotiated under the aegis of the Convention on Biological Diversity
(c) combat the ozone depleting substances to protect the human lives from diseases
(d) combat the phenomenon of desertification by improving dry land farming in dry regions
98. According to Koppen’s climatic classifications of India, Great Northern Plains are represented by
(a) Cwg Climate
(b) Aw Climate
(c) Amw Climate
(d) As Climate
99. Which one among the following stations receives maximum rainfall ?
100. Which one among the following countries does NOT have common boundary with South Africa ?
105. The British Committee of the Indian National Congress was founded in
111. In an exam, a candidate attempts 20 questions and scores 72 marks. If 5 marks are awarded for each correct answer and 2 marks are deducted for each wrong answer, then how many questions were answered correctly by him ?
112. Which one of the following is the greatest number by which the product of three consecutive even numbers would be exactly divisible ?
113. If 15% of A is double of 30% of B, then what is the ratio of A to B?
(a) 1 : 2
(b) 2 : 1
(c) 1 : 4
(d) 4 : 1
116. A sum triples in ten years under compound interest at a certain rate of interest, the interest is being compounded annually. In how many years, it would become nine times?
(a) 20 years
(b) 30 years
(c) 40 years
(d) 50 years
119. The alphabets from A to J are numbered from 0 to 9 respectively. Which one of the following is the value of AGJ - CEG + EDB ?
120. A is the smallest positive integer which when divided by 9 and 12 leaves remainder 8. B is the smallest positive integer which when divided by 9 and 12 leaves remainder 5. Which one of the following is the value of A - B?
121. If South-east is called East, North-west is called West, South-west is called South and so-on, what will North be called ?
122. If the day before yesterday was Tuesday, when will Saturday be ?
(c) Day after tomorrow
(d) Two days after tomorrow
124. In a group of 100 children, 64 children like to play cricket, 53 children like to play football and 20 children like to play both cricket and football. How many children do NOT like to play cricket or football ?
125. Two years ago, the age of A was three times the age of B. If B is currently 9 years old, then after how many years, the age of A will be double of the age of B?
(a) 2 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 5 years